We run an all-new content Writer’s Regimen to coincide with the publication of each new print issue of The Southeast Review, in the fall and the spring. If you missed our October Regimen and its re-run in December, stayed tuned for information regarding our upcoming February Regimen with all new ideas and endless inspiration!
The Southeast Review’s Writer’s Regimen is for poets, essayists, and fiction writers who want to produce a body of work by introducing structure to their writing life, and, at the same time, find new and innovative ways to approach their craft.
Your regimen was such a great experience. As challenging as it was, it helped me generate a tremendous amount of work and recharge my creativity. I really appreciate how your program supports the life of a writer. —Lisa Abellera, winner of the Spring 2011 Regimen Contest
Sign up for The Southeast Review Writer’s Regimen and you will get the following:
- Daily writing prompts, applicable for any genre, emailed directly to you for 30 DAYS! Use these to write a poem a day for 30 days, to create 30 short-short stories, or to give flesh to stories, personal essays, novels, and memoirs
- A daily reading-writing exercise, where we inspire you with a short passage from the books we’re reading and get you started writing something of your own
- A riff word of the day, a podcast of the day from a poet or writer featured in the Warehouse Reading Series, and a quote of the day from a famous writer on writing
- Weekly messages from established poets and writers—including tips and warnings on both the craft and the business of writing
- Flashback bonus craft talks, where, as a little something extra, we repeat an earlier regimen’s craft talks from more writing heavyweights
- FREE copy of a current or classic back issue of The Southeast Review, featuring interviews, poetry, nonfiction, and fiction that will knock your socks off!
- The chance to have your work published on our site. Read the winning entry from our October Writer’s Regimen contest, “fruit of the womb” by Mary Beth O’Connor!
“I gleaned mind-blowing inspiration from these exercises, coming up with voices and situations I wouldn’t have thought myself capable of.” —Magdalen Powers, participant
“Perhaps the best $15 I’ve spent!” —Nick Wineriter, participant
All of this for just $15.00. That’s a mere 50 cents per day! Join us for a month and walk away with a new body of work! Checks should be made payable to The Southeast Review (please include your email address!) and sent to:
The Southeast Review
Department of English
Florida State University
Tallahassee, FL 32306
Or register and submit your payment via Paypal:
If you have questions, send an email to our editor of the Writer’s Regimen.